Lice are tiny microscopic elements that live on human scalps and hair shafts where they survive on blood. They are usually found among children. It can be easily infested in school. It spreads during play, sports, sleepovers, wearing clothes of someone who is already infected with these tiny parasites. Severe itching on the scalp and red bumps on the head are the two most common signs of lice infestation. They reproduce very fast and it’s also very difficult to eliminate these parasites within few days. Combing them on wet hair can help to a great extent to remove them, but it is a very long process. Several remedies that can be done at home can effectively solve these problems.
10 effective home remedies for eliminating head lice
- Garlic: The strong fragrance of garlic suffocates these tiny parasites eventually killing them. Thick paste of garlic, lemon, green tea and cooking oil along with shampoo and conditioner can help in eliminating these tiny insects.
- Baby oil: Another easy homemade remedy for head lice is baby oil, laundry detergent mixed with white vinegar can help in eliminating head lice. This mixture applied to the infested scalp helps suffocation of head lice.
- Olive oil: Olive oil applied to hair in sufficient before sleeping and covering with a shower cap will kill these parasites.
- Salt: Salt mixed thoroughly with vinegar can be used to eradicate head lice.
- Petroleum jelly: Applying a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the scalp before sleeping can have a stifling effect on roaming lice.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil mixed with one ounce of natural shampoo and coconut oil is a natural insecticide which is an effective treatment for head lice.
- Neem: Neem is a natural insecticide which is also known as Indian Lilac is a very highly effective prevention remedy for head lice. It is also helpful in healing scalp irritation.
- Rubbing alcohol: Rubbing alcohol onto the scalp and hair shafts is a powerful disinfectant that can effectively kill lice and nits.
- Almonds: Almonds ground to thick paste and mixed with lemon juice applied to the scalp with patience and diligence can easily eliminate head lice.
- Treat the home > home cleanliness: To prevent re-infestation brushes and combs should be daily washed in hot water. Towels, sheets, pajamas, pillow-covers should be properly cleaned.
These natural remedies can help to eliminate stubborn head lice. Firstly, it is necessary to understand that there are many types of lice including head, body and pubic lice. Among all of them head lice is the most common type which can be infested to anyone even if the environment is clean. They spread through direct contact with infested hair of a person. Removal of head lice has become one of the hottest topics in the present world.
To live a healthy and comfortable life head lice should be treated by hitting them hard and strong using a Houston lice removal service. A number of strong chemical products are available in the market which can help in the eradication of head lice. On the other hand there are people who don’t like the idea of using strong chemicals. As using such chemicals in contact with their child’s skin can be harmful. Removal of nits and lice is crucial, though it can be challenging, but nothing is impossible. There are a number of ways to eradicate head lice problems. As per parent feedback, girls get infested more easily than boys as they have longer hair. Same can be the reason amongst adult women. Families with young infants have a higher risk of getting infected with head lice. Despite the increased resistance there are lice treatments that work to relieve children and their families out of this maddening problem.
Treatments methods may vary. But it is very important to be patient and diligent to keep an eye on the scalp. Regularly checking for any new occurrences is essential to live a disinfected life.
The best way to avoid these problems is to prevent an infestation from occurring. It can be irritating and embarrassing but it is possible to minimize their effects by recognizing the symptoms and living and enjoy a lice free life.